To operate a successful eCommerce business sooner or later you’re going to have to invest in some photographic equipment, whether that’s a good quality camera and lighting for producing product photos, YouTube and promotional videos, or a tripod, and a microphone. Below is a list of some of the most popular photographic equipment for online store owners, content creators, and online entrepreneurs to produce content that will improve your conversion rate and sales.
If you have an online store, you absolutely need a good quality camera, especially if you dropship products from China or elsewhere. This is because more often than not, the product photos that the dropship suppliers provide are not of professional quality or shot in a style that is an accurate reflection of your store and its brand. Below are four of the most popular cameras with different features and different price points.
Canon EOS 6D Mark II
- 26.2 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Optical Viewfinder with a 45-point All Cross-type AF System. Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (excl. EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Phase-detection & Full HD 60p
- DIGIC 7 Image Processor, ISO 100-40000. GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth low energy
- Vary-angle Touch Screen, 3.0-inch LCD
Canon EOS 90D DSLR
- 32.5 megapixel Canon CMOS sensor;
- Eye detection Autofocus technology can be set during stills and movies
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approx 100% coverage
- The EOS 90D delivers high-speed continuous shooting at up to 11 frames per second
- Includes the EFS 18-55mm f4-5.6 STM Lens
Sony ILCE-6400 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- 24.2Mp APS-C exmor CMOS sensor
- Real-time eye AF and real-time tracking
- BIONZ X image processor
- XGA tru-finder 2.36m-dot OLED EVF
Nikon D3500 + Lens Kit
- The 24.2 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor with no optical low-pass filter.
- ISO range of 100 to 25600.
- Automatic transfer of photos from camera to smart devices using Bluetooth and Snap Bridge.
- Up to 1550 shots per battery charge.
If you use an SLR or mirrorless camera to take photos, then there are limitations as to the level of quality that the standard lens that comes with the camera can produce. This is why you should consider a superior quality lens to produce superior quality photos. There are a number of different lenses to choose from depending on the type of photo you would like to take. These include wide-angle and fish-eye lenses. Below are 4 of the most popular lenses that are perfect for anyone who needs to shoot products for example, for their online store.
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USMLens
- achieve beautiful background blur with this portrait lens
- The ultrasonic motor built into the EF 50mm f/1,4 USM delivers extremely fast autofocus when shooting stills
- The EF 50mm f/1,4 USM boasts a circular aperture for soft out of focus while sharp foreground objects come to life against smoothly blurred backgrounds
Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Make sure lens fits by entering your model number.
- Optimized for use with digital SLR cameras
- Multi-layer lens coating and lens design reduces flare and ghosting
- Minimum focusing distance is 59 inches at all zoom settings
- Features 14 lens elements in 10 Groups
- High-performance lens ideal for portraits, sports photography, nature photography
Nikon Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S Lens
- Perfect in low-light; Lightweight and portable.
- Beautiful bokeh A 9-blade rounded diaphragm and f/1.8 aperture combine with the larger mount and shorter flange distance.
- The 50mm perspective provides Smooth, quiet AF and aperture drives, and an advanced design prevent breathing and wobbling.
- Customizable Control Ring for manual focusing (default), aperture control, or exposure compensation.
Sony SEL50F18F 50 mm F1.8 Lens
- Camera focuses automatically in 3 ways.
- F1.8 maximum aperture for low-light shots. 7 blade circular aperture
- 75mm (35mm equivalent) focal length with APS-C sensor. Aspherical lens
- Compact, lightweight, easy to carry, Lens front cap, Lens rear cap
- Hood (ALC-SH146), Lens front cap (ALC-F49S), Lens rear cap (ALC-R1EM)
- DMF (Direct manual focus)
A good tripod is one of those must-have items in any photographer’s toolkit. They’re perfect for long exposures, low-light shooting, traffic trails, panoramas, and panning shots. There are tripods for DSLR cameras, for smartphones, full height, desktop etc. Then you have the different materials they’re made of such as light-weight carbon fibre, and an aluminium or magnesium alloy. Below are four of the most popular tripods for people in eCommerce.
SwitchPod Tripod for Smart Phone and DSLR Cameras
- Easily fits into your backpack or even your pocket.
- Works both with smartphones (iPhone, Android, and Galaxy) and DSLR cameras.
- Switchpod is nearly indestructible thanks to its expertly engineered lightweight aluminum alloy build.
- The simple design of the Switchpod allows you to focus on what’s important: taking pictures and filming your subjects.
JOBY GorillaPod 3K Kit Bendable Tripod
- Flexible legs and ball head secure mirrorless cameras anywhere
- Precise: 360° panning bed, 90° tilt, and bubble level
- Strong: Holds devices weighing up to 3 kg
- Rubberized ring and foot grips for stability in terrain
- Durable medical-grade ABS plastic and TPE for secure joints
Manfrotto Pixi MTPIXIEVO-BK Evo Mini Tripod
- Compatible with your entry-level DSLRS and devices up to 2.5Kg
- Mini tripod two leg angles give you stability on uneven ground
- Sturdy and lightweight aluminum and adaptor structure you can rely on
- Camera tilts to a full 90° letting you shoot in portrait mode
- You’ve got the choice of three different color combinations
Aluminum Camera Tripod, K&F Concept 62-Inch
- Reverse folding legs tripod folds down to 18″(46cm), weighs only 2.79lbs(1.27kg).
- 4-section column legs with quick release flip-locks for working heights from 16.53″ (41.5cm) to 62.2″(156.5cm).
- 360° metal ball head.
- 22lb(10KG) load capacity; A spring-loaded recessed hook.
- Arca Swiss compatible quick release plate with standard 1/4″ mount screw compatible with most DSLR cameras.
Any photographer can have the best camera on the market, but if you don’t get the lighting right, you’re simply not going to get the desired result. It’s extremely important to be able to create the right lighting whether you’re indoors or outdoors And that’s where photography and video lights come in. There are many different lighting solutions depending on the shoot. Below are some of the most popular lighting solutions for online store owners who need to do product shoots or record videos for products on their online store or on YouTube.
Neewer 48 Macro LED Ring Flash Bundle
- Only suitable for cameras with macro lenses
- provides continuous and stable semi-light or full-light to meet higher photograph needs.
- Includes 8 Mounting Rings (49-77mm). Voltage Range: 100-240V/50-60Hz
- Consists of 48 pieces LED, higher luminance and lower static power consumption.
- suitable for any model of NIKON or Canon brand DSLR.
UBeesize 10’’ LED Ring Light with Stand and Phone Holder
- touchpad in the front for brightness and color options.
- AC/DC adapter improves brightness by over 50%.
- extends from 16″ to 50″, tripod can be adjusted to any height
- phone clamp and Bluetooth smartphone remote.
- Included: 1x Ring Light, 1x Tripod Stand, 1x Phone Holder, 1x AC/DC Adapter, 1x Bluetooth Remote Control, 1x Manual.
LimoStudio, LMS103, Soft Continuous Lighting Kit
- Contents: 3 pcs 45W CFL Bulb, 3 pcs Bulb Socket, 2 pcs White 33-inch Umbrella Reflector, 2 pcs Black, Silver 33-inch Umbrella Reflector, 2 pcs 82.3-inch Light Stand, 5 pcs Velcro Cable Ties
- 1 pc 29.8-inch Light Stand, 1 pc Bulb Carry Bag, 1 pc Photo Equipment Carry Bag
- 45W Photo CFL Bulb: 6000K, 1820 Lumen, E26, E27 Standard Screw Base, Energy Saving up to 80%
- 33-inch Diameter White Umbrella Reflector: Made of Enhanced Nylon.
AODC Clip On Ring Light for iPhone, Tablet, Laptop
- 3 light modes setting (warm, cold white, daylight), 7-level brightness adjustment.
- 5 Hours Non-stop Lighting – Clip-on ring light for a laptop with 500mAh rechargeable battery can last 5 hours.ty Retaining Clip
- Suitable for iPhone, iPad, laptop, and most devices up to 1″ thick
- Shooting Angle – The led ring light for phone can be rotated 135° to find your best angle.
A reliable webcam has become an essential item, especially during the global pandemic, whether you’re in business or not. They allow you to keep in contact with family and friends, work colleagues, team members, clients, and suppliers using Zoom, Skype or Google Meets. Below are four of the best webcams for laptops and PCs so that you can stay connected.
Logitech C920 Hd Pro Webcam
- Full HD 1080p video.
- Logitech partnered with Skype(TM) to deliver high-definition 1080p resolution with the C920 webcam
- Record videos in widescreen Full HD 1080p at 30 frames/sec.
- H.264 encoded compression that enables high-definition video calls with Skype, also lets you capture great videos
- Smooth video quality, rich colors, and clear sound in real-world environments are produced by Logitech Fluid Crystal technology
Logitech StreamCam Full 1080p HD 60fps
- Full HD 1080p at 60 fps provides ultra-smooth, high-quality streaming experience with accurate motion and more precise video
- Smart auto focus and exposure as well as enhanced facial-tracking AI
- Full HD vertical video: Switch to full HD 9:16 vertical video just by turning streamcam, ideal for Instagram and Facebook stories
- Dual camera-mount versatility: includes a monitor mount and a tripod Adaptor so you can get an ideal angle, while built-in electronic image stabilisation reduces camera shake.
Dell UltraSharp Webcam
- 4K HDR webcam with a large 4K Sony STARVIS CMOS sensor
- Digital Overlap HDR, the webcam guarantees superior picture quality in extreme lighting environments, while video noise reduction eliminates grainy images in low light. AI Auto Framing keeps you at the center of the screen.
- Adjust brightness, sharpness, contrast, and saturation, digitally zoom, autofocus, or select your desired field of view with 65°, 78°, and 90°.
- Premium aluminum and a smooth textured metallic finish.
Razer Kiyo Webcam and Ring Light
- Designed for Streaming: supports video and audio recording in 720p 60 FPS / 1080p 30 FPS; Streamlabs certified and compatible with OBS and XSplit
- Built-In Lighting: 5600K daylight-balanced ring light around the camera keeps subjects evenly lit
- Instant Adjustable Brightness: A rotating bezel allows for quick, brightness level changes without the need to go into software settings
- Compact, Folding Design: Perfect for on-the-go content creators.
Once upon a time, a microphone was a microphone. These days there are music mics, shotgun mics to attach to your video camera, and USB mics. USB plug-and-play microphones are perfect for video chats and working from home, podcasts, or streaming. If you need a more sophisticated mic, there are many others to choose from below.
Shure MV7 USB Podcast Microphone
- Dual USB/XLR output allows digital or analog recording
- Great for podcasting, recording, live streaming, and more
- Intuitive touch panel for control over gain, monitoring volume, headphone mix, and mic muting
- Built-in headphone output allows for direct headphone monitoring while recording
- Optimized frequency response for rich and natural vocal reproduction.
Blue Yeti USB Microphone - Midnight Blue
- Tri-capsule array with 3 condensers can record almost any situation
- Multiple pattern selection – cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers
- Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher) compatible. 64 MB of RAM min.
JLab Audio Talk Go USB Microphone
- studio-quality resolution of 96kHz/24BIT ensures recording is clear, detailed, and offers a great dynamic sound range.
- Two directional pattern modes: Cardioid and Omni.
- Quick-Mute button, and a 3.5mm AUX input for real-time listening with zero latency.
- 5-foot USB/USB-C input cable to plug into your device and operate your recording. Use the standard-sized 5/8” input for swivel mounting camera tripods or other stands.
Blue 988-000067 Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages, FaceTime, and YouTube videos
- Record vocals, create podcasts and add narration to your home movies
- Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC-no drivers to install
- Ships with desktop stand and USB cable.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Ecommerce Eye contains Affiliate Links for certain products or services, for which I would also receive a commission if you purchase it using the link provided. This does not mean that you pay extra for the product. Affiliate links are necessary to ensure the free content on this website.